Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, world-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
East Leake, Loughborough
Weatherford have opportunities for a number of Production Engineers to join our Production Engineering Department during this period of growth . You'll be involved in the investigation and resolution of manufacturing issues and tasked with making improvements to the manufacturing processes. Your priority will always be the quality and reliability of the product. We are looking for candidates to be qualified to HND or degree level in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline, but more importantly they should have a natural flare and enthusiasm for Engineering. This is an autonomous role where you are empowered to make your own decisions.
Weatherford International is a global company engaged in the design, manufacture and operation of sophisticated geophysical exploration equipment servicing the International Oil, Gas and Mineral exploration industries. You can look forward to an exciting career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in a global organisation. Weatherford is a global company, with a local feel. Every day is different, and you'll have a good mix of hands on and theory work.
These roles are Monday-Friday 36.25 hours per week.
Our generous benefits include:
- Private Health Care.
- Generous Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- 29 Days Annual Leave (+ 4 fixed bank holidays).
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme.
- Weatherford has a professional development structure to promote career growth.
- Membership fees reimbursement.
- To be actively involved in the manufacture of prototypes for new designs including component procurement, assembly and test as required.
- To feed back the knowledge gained in the manufacture of the prototype to the design team for incorporation into the product design.
- To support production by ensuring they are provided with effective design documentation (BOM's, drawings, work instructions).
- To assist Engineering in the generation of that design documentation.
- To design and organise the construction of jigs and fixtures.
- To identify and implement process improvements in manufacturing aimed at improving quality and reducing lead-time and costs.
- To provide technical support in the resolution of process problems arising in assembly and test.
- To investigate corrective actions and preventative action requests and come up with recommended action.
- Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A good understanding of Engineering materials.
- A good understanding of mechanical manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in the use of CAD for the design of precision assemblies.
- Skilled at problem solving and a systematic approach.
- Experience in workshop practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of integrity.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Ability to collaborate in a team.