My client is a privately owned global leading supplier of fibre optic measurement systems. They supply strain measurement systems to many leading Wind Turbine manufacturers, as well as customising core technology for applications in Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Marine and other markets.
Based in Fareham, employing approximately 50 people, they have seen amazing growth and now have this fantastic opportunity to join and lead their team.
They design and manufacture on site, and deliver systems to their customers in Europe, Asia and the US.
Their company has grown rapidly in the past 18 months and continues to expand in all areas. They are passionate about what they do, and pride themselves on creating a positive environment for their employees to work.
You will never be a number; everyone is a valued member of their team. Their business is led by a Senior Leadership Team who are committed to their values of respect, nurture, innovation and being agile. They are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees in a safe working environment. They support an environment of mutual trust and confidence with fair pay and benefits, along with, wherever possible, an opportunity for self-improvement and advancement. They are committed to creating an atmosphere that encourages employees to treat one another fairly and with dignity and respect. They continuously strive to be a great employer and are looking for people join our team who will support these values.
* Overseeing the day to day running of the Production team
* Provide high levels of line management to the team, coordinate workloads, review build schedules and constantly review deliverables
* Ensure business KPIs and production targets are met and provide regular reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
* Ensure any expected delivery changes are proactively addressed and resolved
* Work across business functions to identify production needs, particularly with Sales and Engineering
* Actively drive continuous improvement throughout the Production area along with the Operational Engineering, QHSE and Engineering teams
* The role requires high levels of planning, scheduling and organisation
* Ensure positive communication and encouragement is given to employees and look to drive high levels of performance
* Look to build an agile team who can cope with fluctuating production demands
* Managing the budget within Production
* Ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times
* Overseeing the recruitment, induction and training of new staff
* Develop strong working relationship with internal and external partners
* Drive Corporate vision and strategy amongst team members. Lead by example - be a positive role model
Qualifications and experience:
* Good understanding of ISO 9001:2015 (or similar) requirements
* Can demonstrate practical LEAN implementation
* Experience of production process scheduling
* Manufacturing process experience
* Performance management & development
* Logical approach to problem solving
* Effective report writing
* Effective IT Skills (MS Powerpoint; Outlook, Excel etc.)
* Detailed focused
* Excellent organisational skills
* Passionate about a job well done
* Strong communication skills at all levels.
* Ability to work collaboratively