Project Manager - Marine 50-60k +Benefits
South UK ABJ6608A
As a Project Manager with a background / experience gained in the Marine/ Oil and Gas/Renewable industry,
you will be working with a large project team to deliver ship refurbishment projects on Commercial and MOD ships.
As a project manager you will be co-ordinating and expediting all aspects of the project including production, purchasing, commercial sub-contractor and risk management on the project. You will also have responsibility for plan refurbishment projects from tender through to commencement and completion, working with your project team to ensure project safety, delivery, quality and profitability are met.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- On-site Client liaison, ensuring all issues are captured and documented;
- Manage, monitor, maintain and report the progress and financial achievement of the project to the senior management;
- Manage all aspects of project delivery including resources, equipment and suppliers;
- Overall responsibility for project delivery and monitoring, ensuring the department is working within the company's current policies on financial constraints, quality requirements operational procedures to achieve client satisfaction.;
- Ensuring compliance with the company Project Management procedure.
- Planning and evaluating project requirements with Project Controllers/Supervisors and contractors and establish the necessary team and organise resources required.
- Identifying and management of risk and high-risk activities.
- Daily management, monitoring and maintenance of costing information to ensure project profitability, accurate reporting, including costing additional scope. Preparing project achievement and spend details for weekly contract review meetings.
- Chairing and maintaining daily meetings and records with client/contractors and other business departments as needed.
- Building and maintaining partnerships/relationships with customers.
- Communicate regular project updates ensuring costing and financial information is accurate.
- Maintaining and manage employee competency / training requirements by co-ordinating with the HR Department.
- Working / liaising with all departments with regards to current / future projects requirements.
- Finalising and documenting all project paperwork including arranging/conducting project wash up meetings.
v Ensure Health, Safety environmental and quality is embedded within the culture
v Commercially aware of the project requirements, cost and timescales
v Represent the company in a professional manner to customer's clients and contractors
v Behave in a professionally, competently and ensuring compliancy with legislation and company policy
Qualification and Experience
- Engineering qualification - preferably in marine applications
- Experience in ship repairs
- Experience of project managing mid to large-scale projects
- Preferably experience gained in Marine/ Oil and Gas/Renewable industry.
- Competent with MS Office, Use of planning tools (MS Project)
- Additional Skills: Leadership skills, Procurement experience, Budget management, Finance, costing and budgeting, Leadership and teamwork, Data analysis, excel and management reporting, Risk management.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting