Job Description - Senior Environmental Engineer (LON034N)
Senior Environmental Engineer - LON034N
Company : WorleyPrimary Location
Primary Location : GBR-GL-LondonOther Locations Job Schedule
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type : Employee
Job Level : ExperiencedJob Posting
Job Posting : Feb 5, 2024Unposting Date
Unposting Date : Mar 6, 2024
Reporting Manager Title : Practice Lead, Environment & Society
Building on our past. Ready for the future
Worley is a global professional services company of energy, chemicals and resources experts headquartered in Australia.?
Right now, we're bridging two worlds as we accelerate to more sustainable energy sources, while helping our customers provide the energy, chemicals and resources that society needs now.
We partner with our customers to deliver projects and create value over the life of their portfolio of assets. We solve complex problems by finding integrated data-centric solutions from the first stages of consulting and engineering to installation and commissioning, to the last stages of decommissioning and remediation. Join us and help drive innovation and sustainability in our projects.
The Worley Environment and Society Group are a global and integral part of Worley's Sustainable offering, delivering on a wide variety of projects spanning new energy, petrochemical, Mining & minerals, desalination, decommissioning and restoration across the EMEA region.
The E&S group deliver on both consultancy based and major engineering design scopes, while working jointly with the Worley Engineering teams.
Worley are looking to recruit a Senior Environmental Engineer into the UK E&S group the team on this exciting adventure as Worley presses to the forefront of sustainable delivery.
What you Can Expect
The successful candidate will have opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects across the globe including but certainly not limited to traditional Oil & Gas, LNG, Petrochemical industries, Hydrogen Production (Green/blue) and carbon capture.
As a senior environmental engineer, you will be expected to prepare and agree the scope of work with the client then liaise with the business line manager to allocate suitable resources to complete the tasks.
When assigned a project, the Senior Environmental Engineer is expected to take on the interface role between the Environmental discipline and the design engineering teams. You will work collaboratively with the various discipline project teams to ensure successful completion of the work.
As senior environmental engineer, your role will include providing guidance and support to the other environmental team members on the project.
Although a degree of autonomous working is required as part of the job, the candidate will be embedded into an established and supportive team of specialists with variety of backgrounds and expertise from which you can collaborate with when the need arises.
Work will be varied and project dependent. The scope of work will range from performing at subject matter expert advisory level to more technical inputs including (but not limited to):
• Developing key environmental control documentation including Basis of Design, Management & monitoring Plans
• Preparing standard environmental engineering deliverables including Environmental Critical Equipment Plans/Performance, waste, emissions and effluent inventories, Best Available Technique assessment, ENVID
• Supporting on specialist studies including Climate change adaptation, Emission Reduction Strategies, noise studies, air quality, Carbon baselines and energy efficiency studies
The role will involve liaising with clients and preparing scopes of work for proposals as necessary, therefore confidence in engagement with clientele is a must.
The role will cover the Clients in EMEA region; therefore, knowledge of Regulatory requirements in the UK, EU and international best practice as applicable to the Middle East and Africa region is preferable.
Roles and responsibilities
• Representative of the Worley Consulting/Environmental group to clientele and other business units within Worley
• Input to prepare and develop reports, presentation material, calculations and other deliverables as required under the project specific scope of work.
• Support Environment and Society Group across various projects where necessary
• liaise with cross discipline project teams and clients
• Support in the preparation of proposals
Moving forward together
We want our people to be energized and empowered to drive sustainable impact. So, our focus is on a values-inspired culture that unlocks brilliance through belonging, connection and innovation.
We're building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace. Creating a space where everyone feels they belong, can be themselves, and are heard.
And we're not just talking about it; we're doing it. We're reskilling our people, leveraging transferable skills, and supporting the transition of our workforce to become experts in today's low carbon energy infrastructure and technology.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. Join us to broaden your horizons, explore diverse opportunities, and be part of delivering sustainable change.
The candidate will have 10 years of relevant experience in Environmental Engineering/Consultancy which can also include time spent in engineering discipline roles (i.e., chemical engineer).
The candidate shall also have proven experience of delivering projects in a discipline lead role.
As the role will have the candidate engaged on multiple projects simultaneously, the ideal candidate will be highly organized, motivated, and adaptive with proven ability to maintain high standards of work under demanding situations.
The role will require the candidate to be proactive and responsible for the delivery of the work.
Candidate will have the following traits
• Technically minded, with ability to critique, interpret, and disseminate technical information
• Strong presentation skills and ability to interact confidently with both work colleagues and clients
• Numerical with excellent attention to detail
• Willingness to take responsibility for work and ensuring high quality in work at all times
• Highly organized with ability to balance pipeline of competing deadlines
• Self-motivated and proactive approach to work
• Ability to liaise and work cross disciplinary teams
• Ability to adapt to varied project scopes
• Willingness to learn new skills including use of air dispersion modelling tools
• Willingness to broaden experiences to work across other sectors of environmental & society, energy, mining and minerals, renewables, digital acceleration etc.
• Ability to travel internationally
• Willingness to assist and share experience and knowledge with graduate and junior role colleagues