Senior Manager - Natural Gas and Energy Transition
Senior Manager - Natural Gas and Energy Transition
We set out to build the world's most trusted consulting firm - creating lasting impact for clients and pioneering a positive, people-first way of working. We work with everyone from FTSE 100 names to bright new start-ups, in every sector.
You'll find us collaborating shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients, from the big picture right down to the detail: helping them define their strategy, deliver complex change, spot the right commercial opportunities, manage risk or bring their purpose and sustainability goals to life. Our clients love how we get to know what makes their businesses tick - slotting seamlessly into their teams and being proudly geeky about solving their challenges.
As a Certified BCorporation , we've proven that we've built social and environmental good intoevery bit of what we do.
We have hubs in Europe, the US, Asia and Australia, and we work all around the world - from a wind farm in Wyoming to a boardroom in Berlin. Find us wherever there's a challenge to be tackled and an impact to be made.
Baringa believe that diversity is paramount to driving creativity, innovation, and value for our clients and for our people, and creating an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging is central to our culture.
Our Natural Gas and LNG team are looking for anexperienced Senior Manager to join the team
Our clients face the corporate world's biggest challenges while delivering society's most crucial project - the energy transition. In that context we support clients understanding and navigating the role of natural gas and LNG, in supporting all three challenges of the energy trilemma: sustainability, affordability and security.
What will you be doing?
- Leading major client engagements (managing the delivery lifecycle, managing teams, managing client relationship and engagement)
- Leading and supporting business development (including marketing and prospecting; proposal writing and contracting)
- Taking ownership of IP development, market facing initiatives and being part of building a sustainable business
- Supporting the alignment with other Baringa teams in the work we do - including power, hydrogen, climate change modelling, and geographical offices
- Leading and inspiring our team
So, what are we looking for?
- Ideally, you will have a background in energy management consulting (5+ years) - you will be experienced in managing projects, teams and clients
- You will have demonstrable expertise in natural gas, and you will have an appreciation and some experience of connected markets segments (eg hydrogen, power, green gases)
- You will be comfortable in market fundamentals, commercial and strategic advisory work - you will be able to work in quantitative-focused teams, albeit with the context of a commercial understanding of the market
- You will have some experience of business development and be comfortable in the sales cycle
- You will be ambitious and happy to embrace the challenges and opportunities of a growing business - both in natural gas and in adjacent energy transition vectors
- You will have experience in managing people and be motivated by supporting the success of your team-members
What a career at Baringa will give you
Putting People First
- We give you every opportunity to progress by having four promotional reviews a year. No one develops at the same pace. That's why we have quarterly rather than annual promotion reviews. We don't have any quotas: if you're ready and delivering at the right level, you'll get that promotion.
- We're proud to put people first with wellbeing at the forefront of our culture, one example of this is that every employee receives £300 a year to put towards their wellbeing! In 2022 this was recognised in our ranking in the UK's Great Place To Work 'Best Workplaces for Wellbeing'.
- All employees participate in the Baringa Group Profit Share Scheme so everyone has a stake in the company's success.
- We know that the 'ideal' balance will vary from person to person and will change at different stages of our working lives and for that reason we have implemented a hybrid working policy
- Our world is important to us, so all our employees get 3 days every year to help the social and environmental causes and increase our impact on the communities that mean the most to us
- We recognise everyone needs a well-deserved break - As such we have introduced the 'Re-charge' benefit meaning Baringa will offer all employees an additional 2 weeks of paid leave after 5 years continuous service.
Diversity and Inclusion
All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, faith or social background. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to actively encourage applications from those who identify with less represented and minority groups. We do not filter applications by university background and encourage those who have taken alternative educational and career paths to apply.
We'reexcited that our clients and peers recognise Baringa's distinctiveness, and theimpact of our work. Once again, in 2022, they've voted for us in the FT's UKannual leading management consultants ranking, and we've been awarded a goldmedal for our work in the Energy, Utilities and Environment sector, as well as- for the first time - a second gold medal in oil and gas. And we've won afurther 15 medals, three more than last year. It's fantastic to see two newsilver medals for sustainability, and operations and supply chain. To top itoff we won four new bronze medals for public and social sector; internet,media and entertainment; IT strategy; and people and performance.
In 2023,Baringa has again been recognised as one of the leading UK managementconsultants by the FT's survey of clients and peers. We were recognized inChemicals & Pharmaceuticals; Data Analytics & Big Data; Energy,Utilities & Environment; Financial Institutions & Services; Finance,Risk & Compliance; IT-Strategy; IT, Technology & Telecommunications;Oil & Gas; Operations & Supply Chain; People & Performance; Public& Social Sector; Strategy; and Sustainability.
Using business as a force for good
B Corp certification shows that we've met and hold ourselves accountable to highstandards of social and environmental performance and transparency. We'vewritten it into our articles of association, so the way we run our businesswill continue to make life better for our clients, our people, our communities,and our planet.
We arecommitted to being a sustainable business which drives us to continuallyrethink and reengineer how we make a positive impact on the world. From workingwith our clients to build wind farms, setting up smart hospital wards, anddesigning a vaccine supply chain, to aligning our business to net zero by 2030and working in communities where we believe we can make a difference - we wantour actions to tell the story of our lasting impact.
Ouraward-winning people-first philosophy has always made us distinctive. We're abunch of proudly geeky experts who come from industries around the world. We'rea kind and curious team who are building a culture where people can achievetheir best, celebrate our differences, and create impact that lasts.
If you have the requiredskills and experience for this role, apply today.