Colt is the New Standard in high bandwidth network and voice services for enterprises and wholesale customers in Europe, Asia and North America's largest business hubs. With a global reach but a deep local presence, Colt is big enough to deliver and small enough to care.
Reporting to: Regional Manager - Technical Infrastructure Operations
Function: Technical Infrastructure Operations
Primary job location: London
As a Site Operations you'll be responsible for managing the Mechanical & Electrical infrastructure safely across all the assigned Colt node sites and the assigned Long Distance Network (LDN) repeater containers in conjunction with the Regional Operations Manager. You will ensure optimum performance by implementing the Planned Preventative Maintenance program, with effective control of Business As Usual day-to-day operations.
You will also support the M&E operations at the following node facilities; King Johns Court, City Forum 2, Poplar, Birmingham, Dublin Marylebone, and manage 20 Long distance network repeater sites and operate a safe and maintain a reliable infrastructure, in accordance with agreed procedures and standards.
You will interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders to maintain the stability of these sites and support any network expansions or equipment rationalisation projects at these sites having an ownership of the site OPEX budget with support from the Country Operations Manager. Lastly, you will lead the third-party M & E maintenance providers' resources assigned to these sites and help to manage their day-to-day operational needs.
Accountability and responsability for infrastructure and cost efficiency:
- Ensuring effective management of building services (through third party contractors)
- Ensuring site cleanliness (through third party contractors)
- Installation of mechanical & electrical infrastructures for the sites assigned to you
- Supporting successful compliance of ISO14001 (Environmental), ISO27001 (Information Security Management System), ISO9001 (Quality Management System)
- Business As Usual, day to day operational running of your sites
- Maintenance and repairation of existing infrastructure, ensuring all remote & local BMS monitoring is fully functional
- Managing maintenance costs and monitoring energy efficiency proactively driving & recording savings
- Writing of standard and emergency operations procedures and training of operatives staff
- Available for out of hours planned and reactive support, which can involve switching of HV & MV systems and supporting any generating routine testing.
- Keeping the JCAD risk register up tp date with current operational risks
- Identifying internal and third-party team technical and professional development and training
- Rack/footprint availability reporting
- Small works requests, Capacity Reporting
- Site Opex cost controlling (including PO raising and receipting)
- Supporting the End Of Life infrastructure equipment and associated Capex forecasting
- Energy Efficiency (Targeted Opex cost savings)
- Site plant performance trending
- Managing a safe system of working across all works
- Ensuring a 'Permits To Work 'regime is in place and a PTW's are issued for all works
- Undertaking Health & Safety audits and completing supporting checklists
- Completing Health & Safety and/or Accident reporting
- Influencing safe use of the technical areas by all visitors and contractors (Other dept. sub contractors)
- Managing Third-party contractors whilst onsite
- Complying with 'Change Control' processes
- Risk assessment creation and updating method statements to be site and task specific
- Ensuring all Health & Safety compliance is in place onsite at all times
- Responsible and accountable for supporting projects like battery replacements, gas bottle replacements, LV/MV breakers, etc.
- Infrastructure End Of Life (EOL) replacement works
- New Node or container site builds as well as node exits
- Energy efficiency initiatives and projects
- Responsible for M&E contract negotiation and management
- Providing power and environmental solutions to site needs
- Assisting legal teams in regard to contract negotiation & projects
- Experience of working with medium/large mission critical Mechanical & Electrical infrastructures in a Supervisory / technical / engineering capacity.
- Technical competence in electrical, mechanical and/or cooling disciplines including transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, DC Systems, ATS/STS units, PDU units, chillers, air handling units, RCU/CRAC units.
- Experience working with controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems and working understanding of start-up/commissioning processes.
- Strong familiarity with EU safety regulations and controls.
- Exhibited skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling.
- Demonstration of effective delivery of objectives and assigned tasks
- Great attitude with internal and external customers and external parties, and able to address any issues.
- Previous experience in motivating, leading and creating an effective team environment
- Effective scheduling and management of third-party technical resources
- Experience in Critical Infrastructures operations, design and project management will be desirable
- Able to lead Infrastructure projects will be desirable
- Degree level in Electrical or Mechanical engineering, or equivalent level of job experience
- Membership of relevant professional body (desirable)
- Excellent Inter-personnel skills, personal drive, highly self-motivated and self-organized
- Ability to manage high work volumes and work well under pressure particularly during management of critical infrastructure incidents
- Experience of switching HV and/or MV systems
- Excellent team player and ability to work in an international team
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), other language is a plus
- Full driving licence
- Qualified with an Authorised Persons accreditation (AP15)
- Based in London with travel to LDN sites if required and occasionally travel to Ireland
- Requirement to work flexible hours to support business objectives and if a major incident has occurred
- Availability to join On Call rota
- Be aware of Colt Information security, business continuity, quality and other ISO or equivalent policies/ industry standards and discharge duties against them as appropriate.
- Identify risks related to process and information security and treat the same as appropriate
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring