Role: Stock Controller
Location: Exeter and 5x days onsite
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000Benefits.
Competitive salary with 25 days annual leave on joining, in addition to 8 paid bank holidays. The company offers employees an opportunity to join our company pension scheme, as well as participate in a company Share Incentive Plan where employees can contribute in the growth and value of the company.
We are looking for a Stock Controller to provide outstanding support for our UK and overseas operations and excellent customer service to our customers. The position entails working closely with operations, shipping, sales, accounts to organise the efficient flow and management of inventory. Accurate counting of stock leaving, arriving and returning to the UK. Ensuring efficient operations by adhering to operational procedures, rules and schedules. In your work you will need to interact and develop good professional relationships with all co-workers in order to gain and ensure smooth movement of inventory. The business also relies on good supportive relationships with its vendors and clients for success.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Management of an inventory tracking system to accurately monitor and track stock locations
- Maintaining an accurate inventory database that includes detailed information on available stock
- Maintain up to date stock pricing on an ongoing basis.
- Updating and booking stock onto the warehouse management systems
- Preparation goods for despatch; picking, collating and packing
- Receiving deliveries and checking the goods received
- Ensuring that all goods that are loaded or unloaded match the relevant paperwork
- Loading vehicles with hand forklift and completing relevant paperwork
- Correct labelling and identification of stock
- Correct handling and storage of stock in the warehouse
- Implementation and management of stock control systems including bar coding
- Able to source suitable alternative suppliers
- Proven experience within a goods movement or warehouse environment
- Excellent organisational and planning skills to ensure efficient inventory operations
- The ability to multitask, as often working on several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills to accurately forecast inventory needs and thorough attention to detail
- A broad understanding of end-to-end supply chain and operations processes
- Active participation in inventory audits
- Enthusiasm to implement systems and processes to allow for the efficient management and movement of inventory.
Able to commute reliably to office base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Able to travel to international locations for short periods of time to assist with stock management.
Specific Job Skills:
Must be an excellent communicator. A keen and responsible attitude to work is essential and an ability to show initiative in all responsibilities and tasks. Dexterity with practical tasks. You treat internal and external customers equally with respect while providing useful information and support.
Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally
Access or similar database to basic level, Internet, email, Filemaker, Acumatica (ERP) and ARAS Innovator (document management.)
Literacy and Numeracy:
Numeracy, accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to follow through a task to its successful conclusion. Must be a very competent writer of work procedures, emails and reports.
Must be able to manage own workload on a day-to-day basis, in line with workload from Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven track record of accuracy and efficiency.
How to apply?
Please email a CV to (see below)
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas.