Valve Technician Vacancy - Pembroke Dock
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client have been at the forefront of industrial valve reconditioning, maintenance and repair for 40 years.
Their activities span all the major industrial processes in the UK - ferrous/non-ferrous material production, petrochemicals, power generation including gas/coal-fired and renewable production, extracting and manufacturing - and their client list includes some of the best-known brands in the country. Excellent modern facilities at our well-equipped workshops in Pembroke Dock and Swansea enable us to cope with valves ranging from ½ inches up to 120 inches in diameter.
JOB TITLE: Valve Technician
POSITION: 3-6 Month probationary period (temp to perm contract)
SALARY: 34K (With opportunity to work overtime)
START: Immediate Start Available
REPORTS TO: Workshop Supervisor & Operations Manager
SUMMARY: The Valve Technician position performs maintenance, assessment, repair, and testing on various types of industrial valves.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but not limited to:)
* Responsible for repair and testing of various valves, including but not limited to safety relief valves, ball valves, gate valves, butterfly valves, electrical actuators, etc.
* Perform dis-assembly, cleaning, inspection, cleaning, measuring, reassembly and testing of valves at SWIVS facilities and client locations
* Follow all documented procedures in accordance with all Quality Control and industry standards that apply to the job
* Thoroughly complete all documentation associated with testing and repair of valves
* Communicate effectively between co-workers, office and management staff
* Travel to customer job sites where required and adhere to all site safety and performance requirements to participate in any Field Service
* Participate in in-house training and other duties as required in a timely manner
* Must be a Team Player and able to work closely with co-workers, management and in house safety team to ensure compliance with HSE and other safety regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* Education in an NVQ, HNC or Degree level in an engineering discipline or equivalent, or meaningful experience in the industry.
* Educated to a minimum of GCSE 4/C or above in English and Maths.
* A Full UK Driving licence
* Full Certified training provided by company
* Private Health Care Insurance
* Company NEST Pension
* 26 Days Annual Holiday
If you wish to apply, please contact Katie on or , alternatively, apply within