Competitive salary - £36K to £40K commensurate with experience and qualifications + benefits
Full time, Permanent - flexible working options
Cramlington, NE23 1WB- Applicants MUST be able to commute to NE23 on a daily basis
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus UK public holidays as designated by the Company each year.
- Contributory workplace pension
- Annual bonus incentive
Main purpose of job:
Supervise the workshop, production and workshop technicians.
This role is an opportunity to be part of our growing company within the oil and gas industry. Your role as workshop supervisor will ensure the effective running of the workshop and will be of paramount importance within the company.
Pipeline Innovations build and operate caliper tools, we then produce reports from geometry surveys conducted. These surveys are run worldwide within the oil and gas industry. We have many high-profile clients and a proven track record running caliper tools. Our standards need to be of the highest level to ensure our continued success and growth as a small company.
Our two products are the mechanical caliper tool and the foam Pathfinder caliper.
To be responsible for and assist in coordinating, organising, supervising, and improving the following:
- This is a senior technical supervisory position with responsibility for the workshop and workshop technicians.
- The role involves undertaking and supervising production of caliper equipment associated with our products, typically involving assembly of precision metal and plastic parts including foam moulding.
- This role is a hands-on role and will involve active participation in foam pig production, the mechanical build of caliper pigs and the physical calibration of foam Pathfinders and mechanical caliper pigs.
- Supervise and lead production of Pathfinder and assembly of mechanical Caliper.
- Supervise and perform Calibration of Pathfinder and mechanical Caliper.
- Supervise and perform Commissioning of Pathfinder and mechanical Caliper.
- Supervise and carry out Quality assurance: Perform rigorous quality checks through all Pathfinder production and caliper assembly processes.
- Supervise and action stock control: Organise and control stock involved with Pathfinder and Caliper builds.
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times through compliance with Health and safety at work regulations (HASAW 1974)
- Prepare equipment to mobilise worldwide as required.
- Coordinate with Ops and production managers to ensure that projects are managed and
- delivered in accordance with the client specification and within the agreed time frame
- Experience in mechanical assembly in a workshop environment.
- Experience with MS Word and Excel to produce reports.
- Knowledge and experience in following and interpreting technical drawings and assembly instructions.
- Experience leading a team.
- Knowledge of quality control processes and experience of following quality procedures.
- Be highly motivated.
- Have an attention to detail during production tasks.
- Have a conscientious attitude to performing tasks.
- Experience of pigging equipment in the offshore industry.
- Have knowledge and experience of Quality Management System, Inspection, quality assurance and or functional testing of component parts, materials and assemblies.
- Have experience or knowledge of monitoring production / inventory processes and procedures.
- Experience conducting calibrations and producing reports.
- High level of competence in IT skills.
- Qualification in an Engineering / science-based field desirable.
- Skilled in the use of workshop machinery and tools.
Interested in this Workshop Supervisor role? Please send your cv by return.